Re: patch for versioned symbols in Heimdal shared library

Brian May <bam@snoopy.debian.net> writes:

> Now that Heimdal 0.8 has finally entered experimental, could I ask
> somebody to please check the patch to add versioned symbols in the
> shared libraries?

> The patch from previous versions wouldn't apply cleanly, so I had to
> kludge a patch that would cleanly apply, and I am not sure I have
> correctly altered all the bits that need to be altered.

Out of curiosity, have you talked to Love about this issue already?  Given
that MIT Kerberos supports symbol versions upstream, I'm a little
surprised that Heimdal doesn't as well, and I'd think that Love would at
least be happy to take a patch even if he doesn't have time to write it
himself.