Bug#432325: RM: gnotepad+ -- RoM; Buggy, Gnome 1 only, no upstream
As maintainer of gnotepad+ (and gnotepad+-help) it is my opinion
they are past the end of their useful life and should be removed from
1) It has some annoying bugs nobody intends to fix (78247, 97764)
2) I severely doubt anybody is using it anymore (it never achieved
status of good general editor, its main advantage to my eyes was
fast start-up for throw-away notes (e.g. during a telephone call),
but machines are faster now... so heavy editors work for that as
well now... and).
3) No upstream for more than six years.
4) Gnome 1 only, something we want to get rid of in the long run.
5) leafpad looks like a GNOME2-era brainchild.