Re: patch for versioned symbols in Heimdal shared library

Hi Brian,

On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 12:42:26PM +1000, Brian May wrote:

> Now that Heimdal 0.8 has finally entered experimental, could I ask
> somebody to please check the patch to add versioned symbols in the
> shared libraries?

> The patch from previous versions wouldn't apply cleanly, so I had to
> kludge a patch that would cleanly apply, and I am not sure I have
> correctly altered all the bits that need to be altered.

The packages in unstable don't appear to have any versioned symbols:

$ dpkg -x h/heimdal/libkrb5-22-heimdal_0.8.1-1_i386.deb /tmp/heimdal
$ objdump -T /tmp/heimdal/usr/lib/libkrb5.so.22|grep '\.text'|cut -b34-
Base        krb5_digest_get_session_key
Base        krb5_string_to_key_derived
Base        krb5_rd_cred2
Base        krb5_prompter_posix
[...]

"Base" means no symbol version is defined.

> The patch is the last patch in the sequence of patches in
> debian/patches, using quilt. It should be easy to find.

The 032_libtool_version_script patch included in the heimdal 0.8.1 package
includes only the changes to Makefile.am, not the changes to ltmain.sh or
aclocal.m4.