Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007, Steve Greenland wrote:

* can create desktop links and scripts

Yes.

* will notice the xmms has been removed

Perhaps not because of some dependencies (perhaps because GTK 1.x
will be removed) it might be removed by aptitude / synaptics besides
a lot of other stuff.

* will care
* will and can track down (e.g.) audacious as a replacement

BUT

* is incapable of fixing/replacing the desktop links and scripts.

Well, my reasoning was, that we just try to wild guess about
user capabilities.  I have just learned that user behave very
unexpected and exactly these users happen to be quite vocal
how broken Debian is.  I just would like to give them lesser
chances to be correct when they claim this.

Kind regards

           Andreas.
--
http://fam-tille.de