Re: Targeting RPM and Debian from a Debian box?

Hi,

> My development workstation is running Debian, and I'd like to produce
> both .deb and .rpm releases of my software.

depending on your software producing packages for Redhat, SuSE or any
other rpm based distributions on a Debian box is not what you want to do
as you want to use their specific library versions to build your package
properly. If you're only packaging some architecture independent stuff,
it probably doesn't matter at all - you would want to test your package
on the target distribution, though.

Cheers,

Bernd

--