Re: Missing license info in source files - fixed in upstream svn

On Tue, July 3, 2007 8:38 am, Andreas Barth wrote:
> Explain it in debian/copyright, that's the proper place (the source
> files don't actually need license statement, even though of course it
> helps transparence and is therefore encouraged).

I didn't realise that. I had assumed that each source file *had* to have a
license declaration in it.

So if the source files do not have license declarations, we are still OK
if there is a "COPYING" (or similar) file in the tarball? What about if
there is no such file but there is an explicit license declaration on
upstream's web site?