Re: making in stable or testing

On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 05:25:29PM +0100, Luis Matos wrote:

> Dom, 2007-06-24 às 17:05 +0200, linux@debaat.org escreveu:
> > Hello devolpers,
> >
> > I want devolp packages for debian, must I make it in stable or testing?
>
> check your timetable ... do you want to develop your application to
> start to use in th next two months or 2 years?
>
> the first one, develop in stable.
> the second develop in testing, because by the time you finish, the
> actual stable will be in shortly replaced, or will already be.

You should develop packages in unstable, never in testing. If you also
want people who are currently running stable to use your package, then
you can also build the package in stable, but this will not be part of
any official Debian repository. You might try to get it in the backports
archive though.

      Guus Sliepen <guus@debian.org>