GSASL Maintainer Missing in Action?

Hello,

libgsasl and libntlm are maintained by Yvan Bassuel and were uploaded by
Anibal Salazar. I am CC'ing them.

Two weeks ago I've sent an email no Yvan, asking if he was still
interested in maintaining those packages. Both have newer upstream
versions. There is a bug with a patch for libgsasl7 that was not
answered by Yvan. It is dated as of last December. libgasl7 and libntlm0
were last uploaded in March 2006 and June 2006, respectively. I've sent
another message to Yvan on Monday.

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Yvan? May I consider him missing in
action?

I am interested in maintaining those packages. How should I proceed? NMU
before taking maintainership and wait another two weeks? Take
maintainership now? Or wait another two weeks and, then, uploading those
new versions? (I will need sponsorship, but that I can arrange.)

Best Regards,
Thadeu Cascardo.