Re: discussion with the FSF: GPLv3, GFDL, Nexenta

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 04:58:04PM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> * Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> [070523 11:00]:
> > Could someone make a page with GPLv2-only software, I'd be curious what
> > would be affected. Maybe the easiest way would be to dump and format a
> > page on the Wiki so that it could be commented upon?
> Given the current drafts for the GPLv3, I think GPLv2-only software
> will not go away. At least if that "everyone is allowed to make this
> non-free by combining with code under the Affero GPL, and you are not
> allowed to make this copyleft by forbidding that", I'm stronly
> considering making new software GPLv2 only in the future, too.

I doubt they did this intentionally.  Can you ellaborate on it?  Which phrase
in particular?  Did you send your concerns as comments to the latest draft?

Robert Millan

My spam trap is honeypot@aybabtu.com.  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.