Re: discussion with the FSF: GPLv3, GFDL, Nexenta

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 04:58:04PM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> * Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> [070523 11:00]:
> > Could someone make a page with GPLv2-only software, I'd be curious what
> > would be affected. Maybe the easiest way would be to dump and format a
> > page on the Wiki so that it could be commented upon?
>
> Given the current drafts for the GPLv3, I think GPLv2-only software
> will not go away. At least if that "everyone is allowed to make this
> non-free by combining with code under the Affero GPL, and you are not
> allowed to make this copyleft by forbidding that", I'm stronly
> considering making new software GPLv2 only in the future, too.

I doubt they did this intentionally.  Can you ellaborate on it?  Which phrase
in particular?  Did you send your concerns as comments to the latest draft?

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is honeypot@aybabtu.com.  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.