Re: start-stop-daemon for user processes

On Saturday 02 June 2007 23:03, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Could you say more about why not?  It looked to me like you could use its
> supervise equivalent without the whole init replacement stuff.

I took a closer look. It looked like the runit wanted to replace init
entirely. I don't see how to separate the functionality for running and
keeping a service started upon user login and stopping it on logout. Do you
have any suggestions?

BTW, is Debian planning on using something other than init in future versions?

Warren Turkal