Re: Sid SELinux packages are now working

On Mon, 21 May 2007 19:08:34 +1000
Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 May 2007 10:34, Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org> wrote:
> > >  SELinux policy modules and debian packages, which discovers the
> > >  relationships between modules and orders the policy load correctly,  so
> > >  that it can pull in any dependency as required.
> >
> > Yep, I'm generating them on compile time in my packages and storing them
> > in an auxillary file. shipping another 1k file with the package felt
> > nicer to me than computing it on install time.
> That's fine as long as the dependencies don't change due to local
> modifications.

How would that method cope with a cross-build? Emdebian has already
built some selinux packages from the Debian sources for a rootfs and
various dependency changes have and will continue to be necessary. As
far as a rootfs is concerned, Emdebian has already removed perl from
our version of 'Essential' and changes to glibc are likely too
(splitting the package).

Neil Williams