Re: svn-buildpackage etc., mergeWithUpstream, and dpatch/quilt/cdbs again

On Wed, 16 May 2007 13:52:28 +0200, Magnus Holmgren
<holmgren@lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> But since svn checkout doesn't give you the whole thing, how do you
>prefer to work (especially with respect to creating patches)? Do you unpack
>the orig tarball on top and set the svn:ignore property to ".", or always use
>svn-buildpackage --svn-ignore? Or do you find it easy enough to use
>dpatch-edit-patch --debianonly? Other comments?

I usually use dpatch-edit-patch, but when I have more extensive
changes in the queue, I unpack the upstream sources besides the
debian/-only trunk and symlink debian into the upstream sources. This
is a field full of dragons, though.

Greetings
Marc