Re: sp: "News"

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 05:16:54PM -0400, Confirmation from Deen Foxx wrote:
> The message that you sent to me (Deen Foxx) has not yet been delivered:
>
>  From: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
>  Subject: sp: "News"
>  Date: Tue, 16 May 2007 01:15:44 -0300 (MSK)
>
> I am now using Vanquish to avoid spam.  This automated message
> is an optional feature of that service, which I have enabled.
>
> Please accept this one-time request to confirm that the above
> message actually came from you.  Your confirmation will release
> the message and allow all future messages from your address.
>
> Click here to confirm:
> http://confirm.vanquish.com/?U=lpKUi9n4VxfNkwO7bPrNxg
>
> Vanquish respects my privacy and yours.  Your confirmation
> gets your mail delivered to me now and in the future.  It
> does not serve any marketing purpose.  Learn how privacy is
> assured: www.vanquish.com/privacy

Hmm, seems someone subscribed while using one of those totally braindead
email confirmation systems that only serversto cause more spam and
infinite loops in mail systems.  This almost falls under the same
category as 'no vacation mail' although not quite the same.  Maybe a new
item should be added to the mailing list 'Code of conduct'. :)

--
Len Sorensen