Re: Debian desktop -situation, proposals for discussion and change. Users point of view.

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 02:55:40PM +0200, Mgr. Peter Tuharsky wrote:
> Ask somebody, what distro would he install at desktop for novice or M$
> refugee? Why many are choosing Ubuntu instead of Debian, and even
> worse, abandon Debian in favor of Ubuntu?  Why do most people consider
> Debian to be user-unfriendly and server-oriented distro?
<other things to be read when I have time>
Debian wants to be used on many architectures and uses. Ubuntu does not,
it largely focuses on desktop/laptop support. With more resources on
desktop issues and shorter release cycles, Ubuntu will contribute to
Debian's desktop support, although I cant say to what extent because of
the uneven and inconsistent relationship between the two projects, which
is 'a good thing' for both Debian, Ubuntu and all users.

|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|