Bug#422367: ITP: kbuild -- framework for writing simple makefiles for complex tasks
Owner: Torsten Werner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : kbuild
Version : 893 (svn revision)
Upstream Author : bird
* URL : http://svn.netlabs.org/kbuild
* License : GPL
Programming Lang: C
Description : framework for writing simple makefiles for complex tasks
The goals of the kBuild framework:
- Similar behavior cross all supported platforms.
- Flexibility, don't create unnecessary restrictions preventing ad-hoc
- Makefile can very simple to write and maintain.
There are four concepts being tried out in the current kBuild incaration:
- One configuration file for a subtree automatically included.
- Target configuration templates as the primary mechanism for makefile
- Tools and SDKs for helping out the templates with flexibility.
- Non-recursive makefile method by using sub-makefiles.
kBuild does not provide any facilities for checking compiler/library/header
configurations, that's not in its scope. If this is important for your
project, check out the autoconf tool in the GNU build system. It is possible
to use kBuild together with autoconf if you like, but you might just as well
use the full GNU package.
BTW kBuild is required for building virtualbox (ITP #406992).