Re: Disable ipv4 fragmentation

None of the lists you've sent this to are appropriate forums for this
question; redirecting to debian-user.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 05:39:53PM +0000, J HU wrote:
> Dear experts,

> I'm working with sockets in a debian with a version of kernel 2.6.x, and
> I'd like to disable the fragmentation of the ipv4 introduce.
> I have read that there was the option of modified the file
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_always_defrag but it doesn't exist.
> So I'm totally lost and I need to disable that fragmentation or change the
> size to the maximum of 65535.
> Anyone can help me?

What do you expect the system to do with oversized packets instead of
fragmenting them?  Discard them?

Fragmentation is used any time a given packet is too large to fit inside a
single frame of the underlying transport, as determined by the network
interface's MTU.