Re: patches.ubuntu.com and the Debian PTS derivatives

On Sun, 2007-04-22 at 23:30 -0300, Gustavo Franco wrote:

> On 4/2/07, Scott James Remnant <scott@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > As some of you may have noticed, the patches.ubuntu.com website and
> > equivalent mailing of changes to the Debian PTS and ubuntu-patches
> > mailing list has been offline, or at least intermittent, for a few
> > weeks.
> >
> > This was caused by the hosting machine running out of disk space, and
> > the Debian mirror we were using being partially incomplete for a while.
> >
> > The latter problem seems to have been fixed, and the Canonical sysadmins
> > are working on the former.
> >
> Do you have any update for us on this issue?

Unfortunately the update is currently still bad.

The machine threw out the filesystem on the new disk array; it was
restored from backups onto a further new disk array, and promptly
corrupted that too.

The hardware has since been completely replaced, and yet another new
disk array installed; unfortunately that too has been corrupted.

Our sysadmin team are working as hard as they can to get this service
back up and running, since it's needed for both Ubuntu/Debian
collaboration and for Ubuntu to merge against Debian for gutsy.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant
Ubuntu Development Manager