Making my gnome theme as default theme

Hi,

 I am working for a Debian based distribution and thus
I want to add a new gnome-theme into the gnome-themes
and make it as default theme, once I install my
distribution.
For this I haev done the following procedure, but its
not working. Someone please guide me, where I have
done mistake.

 I created icon-theme, gtk and the metacity theme, and
created the my own gnome-theme name bossblue-theme,
which copies the gtk, metacity and the icon theme
contents into their respective folders in my distro.
And created the debian package. This is installing the
new theme well without any problem, but its just
coming in the list of the themes in the theme-manager
of gnome. But not coming as default theme. as usual
the default theme is Simple appeared in my desktop
after installation.
 So, I edited the rules file by adding a line like:
 	dh_gconf --priority 20

 and added a file name gconf-defaults in the debian
folder whose content is
/desktop/gnome/interface/BossBlue
/desktop/gnome/interface/gnome
/apps/metacity/general/BossBlue

But this process also, dint work for me to make my
theme as default theme.

Some one please guide me how I should proceed or where
I went wrong. please.

Awaiting for the reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Indraveni K,