ajax comparision help

Hi all,

 I would like to develop a PHP web application, which would heavily use
AJAX. Anyone has experience with the frameworks out there? I use
Prototype at the moment, but also looking for alternatives. MochiKit
looks quite good, but I would like to make my app open source and the
dual license of MochiKit makes me a bit confused. It's OK, MIT
considered non-free AFAIK, but the Academic Free License is free, right?
Any other AJAX frameworks which is kind of feature rich, easy to use and
ofcourse have a free license?

Thanks for any replies in advance,
Laszlo/GCS