Linux/Debian documentation suggestion

Title: Linux/Debian documentation suggestion
Hi NG

This Linux/Debian documentation suggestion, regards Linux and applications commands.

It is proposed that the kernel and applications packets (.deb, .rpm) includes (or has the possibilty to include) documentation about the package commands. Maybe in many languages like Mac OS X. Mac OS X has each language text in each data-fork.

Purposes:
*When "I" is in the catalog "/var/log" - what commands can I use here?
*Which commands is occluded by others at "/var/log"?
*If I deinstall "this" package - which commands are then lost?
*A command "xxy" at "/var/log" - which package is responsible? (Am I using the right package command?)
*If I want or need command xxzz, which packages can give me that?
*If a given command is in some sense considered obsolete, which commands is then endorced?

The "man" and "info" documentation should (with time) be included in the package. Why should I search the net for command documentations? The system should supply the right documentation.

Have this feature-idea not occured to others?

-

Optional more suggestion:

A script file should document which "commands-pools" is required. Before execution of a script, the system should check these requirement.

/Glenn