Re: How to bet back to a sane version number?

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 02:22:27PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > It's also a good idea to check against APT's implementation when
> > playing with strange version numbers (because it's not the same).
> > The python-apt package contains a wrapper (not yet another
> > independent implementation):
>
> And the BTS?

It has two implementations; it uses libapt-pkg-perl if it is
available, or one that is (or should be) exactly equivalent to dpkg
--compare-versions.

If its output is not the same as dpkg --compare-versions, then it'll
be fixed as soon as someone notices it and files a bug.

Don Armstrong

--
I leave the show floor, but not before a pack of caffeinated Jolt gum
is thrust at me by a hyperactive girl screaming, "Chew more! Do more!"