Re: How to bet back to a sane version number?

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:

> What's with having to call apt_pkg.init() manually? That's uncool. It

True, that is very unpythonic. I guess apt_pkg is a very thin and
straight wrapper for the underlying C++ (or is it C?) library.

> should be automatic. Simple in a pure Python package though I know nothing
> about building binary modules for python.

It's been a long time since I haven't coded in C for Python, but it
mustn't be more complex to call apt_pkg.init() from there than to call
any other function from apt_pkg, so if you actually need the module for
something, having to call apt_pkg.init() beforehand doesn't add any
significant complexity to your code.

--
Florent