Re: teTeX is gone, beware of build-dependencies

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Dear fellow developers,
>
> the Debian TeX Task force is currently preparing an upload of TeX Live
> 2007 to unstable.  With this version, teTeX will vanish as a separate
> package and only continue to exist as transitional packages.

I must apologize for forgetting one helpful hint at the end:

> HOWTO fix you package:
>
> There is no simple receipe for finding out which texlive packages are
> needed.

But weeks ago I wrote a page with some hints and strategies, put it on
http://pkg-tetex.alioth.debian.org/mapping-texlive.html - and forgot
about it myself.  If that is not sufficient, please tell us, we'll help
and try to enhance the page.

Thanks for your patience,
Frank
--