Re: The number of etch installations is rocketing...

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Looking at the submission numbers from
> <URL:http://popcon.debian.org/>, I am happy to report that the number
> of Etch installations is increasing fast.  Here are the number of
> submissions collected by popularity-contest, with the increment.  It
> is easy to see when Etch was released.

Now if we only knew what percentage of users take the manual action
needed to answer Yes to the "enable popcon" question...

My personal guess is somewhere between 1 and 10%, just a gut feeling,
based on the well-established tendancy of many users to blindly hit enter
to all dialogs whenever possible.

I wonder if it would be reasonable to make d-i hit one of two urls
depending on whether the user chose to enable popcon, and count the
results.

--
see shy jo