Re: Ethernet interface numbering in etch

On Saturday 31 March 2007 10:17, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña
<jfs@computer.org> wrote:
> If this is so important, why, after so many many months of freeze, no Xen
> users found this and submited a bug report? (Now its #413601, filed 24 days
> ago)

Probably because it's dependent on the order of starting the domU's and the
number of domU's.

A casual Xen user might not notice such things, and a more intensive Xen user
(someone who runs a server with Xen instances) isn't going to reboot often.

> > I believe that this fix is worthy of inclusion at this time.
>
> I disagree. Not only because the bug is not RC, but because you could say
> the same for users running other virtualization technologies (UML? Vmware?)
> with similar behaviours.

Do they behave in the same way?

> I'm in favor of adding a note in the Release Notes but I think we should
> not delay the release (*again*) by modifying such a critical element as
> udev right now.

Why would a one-line change delay the release?

--
russell@coker.com.au
http://etbe.blogspot.com/          My Blog

http://www.coker.com.au/sponsorship.html Sponsoring Free Software development