Re: co-mentor for a GSoC proposal wanted: debbugs web submission

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 09:09:43AM +0100, Mike Hommey wrote:

> Considering team work and stuff like this, an assigned status would be
> good too, with possibility, like forwarded, to specify an email address
> of the person dealing with the bug. That would make it clear, in teams,
> if bugs are dealt with, and by whom.

Isn't that what setting the owner of the bug is supposed to be about?

> Something automatically tagging the bug if it has been answered by a
> maintainer would also help telling which bugs are unanswered. Or
> something to force the maintainer to tag confirmed or unreproducible.
> Tags are not only for maintainers, but also for the submitter, and
> also for people wanting to help triaging bugs. I think we should mandate
> that bugs must be tagged confirmed or unreproducible or some
> acknowledgement tag (ack ?).

You might want to read the recent thread on -devel about this.  Forcing
people to jump through hoops like this is unlikely to be popular - it's
a make work task in a lot of cases.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to use tags if I could control the
sorting of them in the web interface.  Since I don't find the ordering
the web interface uses at all helpful I'd really like to at least be
able to turn it off.