Re: QClipboard: timed out while sending data

On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 12:31 +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> When I try to paste text larger than about 500K from kedit into
> Firefox/Icewhatever kedit will give the above message on stderr and the
> operation will entirely fail (no data will be pasted).
>
> Would this be a bug in kedit or Firefox?

Er, have you considered using a file upload widget?

Well maybe it's a bug.

> I'm running Etch on a Pentium-M 1.7GHz (a reasonably fast machine that should
> be able to handle <1M of data in a reasonable amount of time).

I can copy and paste about 600K (2^13 lines of 80 characters) within the
same textarea in Iceweasel in 1 second on a similar system.  Copying the
same from emacs to Iceweasel takes about 1.5 seconds.  So it sounds as
if kedit could be at fault.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Who are all these weirdos? - David Bowie, about L-Space IRC channel #afp