Re: How to close ITP bug which is a duplicate of one marked done?

On ma, 2007-03-12 at 09:45 +0100, Krzysztof Burghardt wrote:
> Hello Developers,
>
> How can I close bug #387858 which is a duplicate of already closed
> #406404?
>
> bluetooth-alsa package contains software for both SCO and A2DP profiles,
> and thus new package btsco is no longer need.

If it's the same software (under different names), mail -done with an
explanation. If it is not the same software, but software that does the
same thing, you don't close it. You may want to mail the bug with an
explanation that your package does the same thing and that it might be
better to not have duplicate functionality, if your package is superior.
However, on the whole Debian does not shun having many packages with
similar functionality.

--
I'm a Luddite with neophilia