dpkg-genchanges: warning: package XYZ in control file but not in files list

Hi there ...

I've got a little problem ;)

In my debian package there usualy are 4 debs (3 flavours + common) been built.
I've created the rules to be to choose between a minimum of 2
(standard-flavour + common) and the maximum of 4 packages.

If a user wants to compile the package on his own (maybe he wants to change
configure options) he is able to select the flavours he wants and he has not
to build all 4 packages if he only needs 2 (time saving).

Problem is now, if not all 4 packages are built, I do get a warning like:
dpkg-genchanges: warning: package XYZ in control file but not in files list

This is ok, cause all 4 packages are in control but only 2 or 3 are built.

What should I do?

Let a warning only be a warning?

Dynamically change control? How that?

Not make it possible to compile less packages than control mentions?

Lg
Roman