ITH: uclibc

Hello,

I intend to hijack the uclibc package.

uclibc is a small libc that is primarily used in embedded systems. The
last upload was in 2005, the package currently has 4 RC bugs and is
unlikely to release with etch in the current shape (although it is used
by Ubuntu nearly unmodified as far as I can see).

I plan to make the package cross-buildable for all of Debian's official
plus a few unofficial architectures (armeb for example), split each
library into its own package in order to save space when installing on
an embedded system and change the SONAMEs so the package can be
installed in parallel with glibc.

Does anyone object?

   Simon