Re: debuild gnome-packages

El mar, 13-02-2007 a las 14:11 +0100, Michael Banck escribió:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 11:09:34AM +0100, Luis Cañas Díaz wrote:
> > I'm trying to build a Debian package using some extra CFLAGS (I download
> > the sources of the debian package and then build a package with
> > debuild). I've realised the gnome packages which have generic makefiles
> > don't respect my CFLAGS variable even if I call *debuild with the
> > --preserve-envvar* option.
>
> Some of the GNOME packages were overriding the configure environment
> with its CDBS variable (something like DEB_CONFIGURE_ENV), not adding to
> it (i.e. using = as operator, not += or something), thus ignoring CFLAGS
> et al.

Thanks, you were right.

It took me a few hours because I was looking in the wrong directory, but
I found what I think is a bug in the
file /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/langcore.mk in both testing and sid.

        The line 27 contains: CFLAGS = -g -Wall
        instead of: CFLAGS += ...

and empty the variable CFLAGS even if I call debuild with the params
--preserve-envvar=CFLAGS.

Cheers.

ps: I guess I should file the bug, this will be my first one, how
exciting!