Re: RFC: use readable $(cmd) syntax instead of unreadable `cmd`

Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net> writes:
> Le't call this "wishlist" if we need to be pedantic. I would still
> call this a bug from a QA perspective. Quality is more than "valid
> syntax".

It's not a bug from any perspective, it's you trying to legislate your
personal tastes.  The place for that is a rant in your blog, not in
debian's bug system.

While there are certainly times most people would want to use $(),
there's absolutely nothing wrong with `` in many circumstances.

-Miles
--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
  			-- Walter Hines Page