Re: Handling of (inactive) Debian Accounts

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 02:34:39AM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Hi
>
> as Debian gets more and more accounts it is only natural that we have
> more and more unused accounts. People get MIA, find different interests
> or simply lost interest in Debian but did not follow the normal
> procedure of retiring.[1]

  I wholeheartedly welcome that decision !

> To get into the Emeritus state you voluntarily retire from the project,
> following [1] or by replying to a WaT mail.
>
> [...]
>
> People in this stage can get their DD status back with a reduced NM
> process.

  What is a "reduced" NM process exactly ? Is that just a matter of
saying "hey I'm kicking and alive" ? Will the account reactivation
immediate ? Or would it suffer from the same delays as NM ?

  I mean, I'm sure many DD's fear the Emeritus state because they just
fear the length and complexity of getting their account back.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit