Re: X and non-X packages (Re: Attempts at security)

Am Sonntag 04 Februar 2007 15:36 schrieb Oleg Verych:
> I'm the one, who don't need X, but emacs21 is linked to some X, even to
> (ugly) 3d scollbars, that i hate. Thus, i whould say it's a *very* big
> disadvantage.

emacs21-nox exists
and that's what I use, too. The X interface is plain ugly and has an
incredibly bad usability. Using the terminal interface has the advantage of
being the same for remote shell access. It's just about copying a sensible
configuration file (I doubt that the terminals that the default is for are
still widely used).

HS