Debian in Sanger (Re: update on binary upload restrictions)

(Sorry for the noise, I reply on the list since Sanger's mail server
thinks I am a spammer.)

Le Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 05:38:01PM +0000, Tim Cutts a écrit :
> On 25 Jan 2007, at 1:23 am, James Troup wrote:
>
> > (a) we don't currently have the buildd infrastructure for this - it
> >     would require a minimum of 2 (preferably 3) machines dedicated to
> >     being i386 buildds.  It would also make i386 uploads much more
> >     sensitive to delays and really require better coverage than one
> >     human could provide.
>
> Sanger could easily host at least one of these, in addition to the
> new alpha buildd we host.  We have reserved 6 IP addresses in the
> firewall zone that goetz.debian.org sits in, so we can host another 5
> machines for whatever purpose the Debian Admins would like.  We have
> lots of bandwidth, and management buy-in to us hosting this stuff is
> strong (after all, we use Debian on thousands of machines here, so
> it's in our interests to help the project work)

Dear Tim,

I am very interested to hear that Sanger is using Debian on thousands of
machines. Do not hesitate to tell us a bit more on
debian-med@lists.debian.org. Bioinformatics is part of our effort as we
include it in "pre-clinical research", and we would love to see our
priorities a bit more user-driven.

For the moment, I am finishing to improve support of multiple alignment
programs, and will work on EMBOSS with others soon.

http://wiki.debian.org/SequenceAlignment
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-emboss/

Have a nice day,

--