Re: Bug #118715 and #246680

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 09:07:28PM +0100, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

> Is there no interest in fixing this even though there's patch(es!)?

A cursory glance suggests that code is not actively maintained (no
release since May 2005). That may be the reason the Debian bind
maintainers are reluctant to add this code to the package, they would
have to support it and fix eventual bugs themselves, etc.

> I can make a new one if asked, I'm running with this on all MY
> machines anyway.

Are you willing to handle all bug reports / fixes / ... for this code,
and becoming a comaintainer of bind9 for that purpose? Maybe they
would accept that. Or maybe not. I can't speak for them.

--
Lionel