Re: Archive signing key for 2007?

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 01:55:06AM +1100, Anthony Towns wrote:
> The key we'll be using (and indeed are already using) is available as:
>
> 	http://ftp-master.debian.org/archive-key-4.0.asc

Thanks for the info. Maybe I've missed something, but I though there was
going to be one key per year (indeed, that's what I documented in the
Securing Debian Manual [1]) :

"The Debian archive signing key is available at
http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2006.asc (replace 2006 with current
year)."

Using a different naming convention from last year is certainly confusing.
Why the 4.0? Because of etch?  Could it be possible to properly define what
naming convention will be used so that users can have a guideline where to
download the latest key from? It might be necessary for users that are do not
have the latest version of debian-archive-keyring installed, find issues
when upgrading and have to take manual steps to include the latest
key.

Regards

Javier

[1]