Re: Upgrade from woody to sarge - ssh strangeness

Probably more suited to debian-user, so I have Cc'd and set MFT
accordingly.

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 02:43:09PM +0100, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
[...]
> Everything works linux (woody, sarge and dapper) to linux, but from
> windows (SecureCRT) to linux, I don't even get the option to enter
> a password...
[...]
> [SSH LOCAL ONLY] : RECV : USERAUTH_FAILURE, continuations [publickey,keyboard-interactive]
> [SSH LOCAL ONLY] : SEND: Disconnect packet: Unable to authenticate using any of the configured authentication methods.
[...]
> Received disconnect from <windows_machine_behind_linux_NAT_firewall>: 14: Unable to authenticate using any of the configured authentication methods.
[...]

If memory serves, you need to edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config, uncomment
the "PasswordAuthentication yes" line, and reload ssh.

> The SecureCRT version is a little old, but...
[...]

Yeah, I believe newer versions of SecureCRT support not only
"password" but also the newer "keyboard-interactive" authentication.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);