Re: Your message to Pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers awaits moderator approval

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> writes:

> Am 2007-01-08 10:26:50, schrieb Pierre Habouzit:
>>>   That becomes tiredsome. Once again, I really think that the list used
>> as a primary contact for packaging shall not be moderated. Alioth has
>> quite reasonable antispam measures, so that's really not needed.
>
> ACK
>
> I have tried to subscribe to several source packages
> on the BTS/PTS and have gotten the same messages...
>
> It very iritating if you want to watch a package and
> then you are subscribed to a Mailinglist on <alioth>.

You mix something up here.  Nobody is subscribed to any moderated list
when subscribing to a package or a bug.  In fact, the message Pierre
has quoted was a notice that his mail was held back because he is NOT
subscribed to that list.

You get those infamous notifications when you send a mail to
<package>@packages.debian.org or to a bug of a package that has a
moderated list as maintainer.

Matthias