This is not a proposal that can be implemented in make

reassign 404715 general
thanks

Hi,

        Something like this needs to be designed from a system
 perspective, and needs, probably, to cooperation the package build
 system.

        Since this is something that cant be done by a single pacage,
 I am reassigning this bug. (For example, my employer would be annoyed
 if all out product builds fail since make suddenly injects random
 flags for which our software is unprepared for).

        manoj
--
Your lover will never wish to leave you.