Re: woody removed from mirrors

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 03:03:48PM +0100, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> Hi,
> i just noticed woody is gone which is *aehm* a problem for me but thanks
> archive.debian.org not unfixable (Expect couple of hundret machines).
Hi Florian,
Debian supports each stable release for a set time(about a year after
release). The current stable is Sarge. Woody is 'oldstable' and soon it
will have no 'official' status(not experimental,unstable,testing,stable
or oldstable). As you noted, Debian keep historical copies of its stable
releases at archive.debian.org. This is where you will find anything
that is older than 'stable'(eg. bo,hamm,woody,etc.).

> Is there a schedule for non-US and security fixes to disappear and where
> will they disappear to ?
After Woody, non-US was removed as it was not needed anymore. As for
maintaining non-us repositories (for woody or any thing older), this has
stopped. As for supporting security fixes for woody, this too has
stopped. Anyone wanting security support for woody can find it through
the FLOSS community(commercial or otherwise) or any other desired
commercial solution.
cheers,
Kev

| : :' :      The  Universal     |   'under construction'   |