Re: RFC: Proposal for official screenshot repo

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 12:16:25 +0100
Jorge Salamero Sanz <bencer@cauterized.net> wrote:

> those extra fields like homepage and screenshot have their point in
> integration with gui pkg managers.

It seems just overkill to me.

If the screenshots are going to need an Internet connection to be viewed
anyway, why the need to mirror them on a Debian server?

And if they are going to be viewable also offline, there should be a way to
disable the download: I don't use a GUI frontend, so I don't want to
download tons of PNG files I will never use.

--
KiyuKo <eof AT kiyuko DOT org>