Re: Kernel 2.6.17 and 2.6.18-3-K7 network problem [SOLVED]

--- Hendrik Sattler <debian@hendrik-sattler.de> ha scritto:

> Am Mittwoch 03 Januar 2007 09:53 schrieb Antonio Laterza:
> > :( ). If I choose the kernel 2.6.18 X is OK but I am
> not
> >
> > able to reache many sites. I can navigate very few
> sites
> > example: www.google.com and www.mozilla.org. Using
> ethereal
> > seems that the HTTP request go out (i.e. GET / ....)
> but
> > the ACK packet does not ask the next packet number ....
> in
> > other words seems that the GET request never reched the
> > final site.
>
> TCP windows scaling comes to mind:
> http://lwn.net/Articles/92727/
>
> HS
Wow!!! Best regards Hendrik!!!
Most probabily the provider's router is buggy but it solved
the problem.
The solution was that reported by article pointed by you:

In the mean time, anybody running a current kernel who is
having trouble connecting to a needed site can work around
the problem with a command like:

    echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_default_win_scale

or by adding a line like:

    net.ipv4.tcp_default_win_scale = 0

to /etc/sysctl.conf.