Re: Downgrading the priority of nfs-utils

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 06:51:58PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2006-11-07 04:40:21, schrieb Goswin von Brederlow:
> > But wouldn't you be surprised if "mount -tnfs server:/path
> > /local/path" suddenly wouldn't work anymore in a fresh install?
>
> No, it works, but since "portmap" is not more (since Sarge)
> installed by default it need arround 60-300 seconds to mount
> but after this time, it is there.

Are you sure it's not installed? It's Priority: standard so if the user (in
tasksel) selects 'standard' he *will* get the portmapper.

Not sure right now what happens if he selects another task but, at least in
Sarge, since fam (installed because of dependencies in the GNOME task [1])
depended on the portmapper it would get installed in that case too.

From what I see in tasksel's sources, the same should be true for Etch too.
Right?

Regards

Javier

[1] More precisely the dependency of gnome-desktop-environment which is part
of the 'gnome-desktop' task