Re: RFS: libssh - SSH and SCP library

You (giga@le-pec.org) wrote:

 >> I have to raise the problem that two projects 'libssh' and 'libssh2'
 >> (http://libssh2.org/) are existing (and I will ITP libssh2 soon).
 >>
 >> This may easily lead to the clash of names.

 JGB> I'm aware of this problem, but is there any solution other than
 JGB> one package changing its name ?

Probably we should accurately specify suffixes of packages, e.g. make
them libssh-0 and libssh2-0 to avoid libssh2 package which is actually
libssh with soname bumped to 2. Source packages libssh and libssh2 are
ok.

Do you have objections to such naming scheme?

--
JID: dottedmag@jabber.dottedmag.net