Re: BTS: Why no "invalid" or "notabug" tag?

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:01:58 +0100, Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> said:

> On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 11:08:56 +0100, Andreas Metzler
>> ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:
>> Afaik there are no changes in behavior. blocks are only
>> informational.

> If this is true, it is a _TOTAL_ surprise for me. We need better
> documentation.

        Out of curiousity, what _did_ you expect the blocking tag to
 do?  If there is an obvious answer to that, I can see why not having
 that behaviour would be a surprise. Since I can't come up with a
 reasonable response to "what additional behaviour should adding a
 block on one bug by another bug should entail", I am unsurprised that
 it does little else than add an informational link between the bugs.

        manoj
--
It's now the GNU Emacs of all terminal emulators. Linus Torvalds,
regarding the fact that Linux started off as a terminal emulator