Re: Ftpmaster bug reports are not processed nearly fast enough.

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Michael Banck wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 11:06:55PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > As for the bugs requesting change of priorities in the Overrides
> > file, many appear to simply be ignored permanently. #263887 is the
> > canonical example.  I recommend eliminating the overrides file for
> > packages of priority 'standard' and lower, and instead always
> > allowing package maintainers to set their own package priority among
> > 'extra', 'optional', and 'standard',
>
> As `standard' is what some front ends still install by default AFAIK,
> this might lead to bloat when more and more maintainers think their
> package really should be standard.

This is a lot ironic for me.

What about the bloat when more and more ftpmasters think my package is
important and I think it should remain standard, as it was in sarge?

See #384089 to understand what I mean. Well, this is not exactly that
they "think" it should be important, since they have not said anything
about the issue yet, but by omission, it will be if they don't act on
the bug report before the release.

I certainly support the idea that ftpmasters have a look at the bug
list for ftp.debian.org now that we have frozen etch.

Please.