Re: SUMMARY: Re: Dropping GStreamer 0.8 for etch

On Thursday 07 December 2006 12:03, Loïc Minier wrote:
>  Initially missing from the list: geekast-binary.  The maintainer
>  commented that he is now working on porting this package to GStreamer
>  0.10.

Ok, it seems that the issue is more complicated than that.
Indeed, the while ruby-gnome2 bindings pack is built upon gstreamer2, see:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libs/ruby-gnome2
and
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libs/libgstreamer0.8-ruby

Now the big question now is: is it only a matter of recompiling against or is
there some restriction for using gstreamer0.10 for ruby-gnome2. I CCed the
maintainer to have his point on this.

Also, again, it seems important to indicate more precisely which packages
depends on gstreamer2 since libgstreamer0.8-ruby was not on your list whereas
it depends on libgstreamer0.8-0 (>= 0.8.11)

When ruby-gnome2 uses 0.10 changing my package will only be a matter of
changing the dependencies I hope.

Romain