Re: Dropping GStreamer 0.8 for etch

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> Seems that you do not include some other packages not directly depending on
> this lib.

 Actually, I had a look when I sent this message, and saw:
bee% apt-cache rdepends libgstreamer0.8-ruby
libgstreamer0.8-ruby
Reverse Depends:
  ruby-gnome2

 and:
bee% apt-cache rdepends python-gst
python-gst
Reverse Depends:

 I should have looked closer at the ruby-gnome2 dependency on
 libgstreamer0.8-ruby; I'm a bit surprized it's a Depends, perhaps this
 is a legacy dependency because the package was split?

 Fortunately:
bee% apt-cache rdepends ruby-gnome2
ruby-gnome2
Reverse Depends:
  geekast-binary

> For instance mine is built with ruby's bindings...

 I'm afraid you lack a dependency on the ruby bindings for GStreamer
 then.

> If you were to choose to remove it before etch, you better prospect for
> dependances on gstreamer0.8-foo packages, and as I fear, fill bugs quiclky
> since they may be more than this list..

 Well, there's the risk of uncovering missing dependencies indeed.

> Anyway, I'm gonne prepare a new release of my package using 0.10.

 Great!

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
 "I have no strong feelings one way or the other." -- Neutral President