Re: debian-private and Gmail

Pierre THIERRY <nowhere.man@levallois.eu.org> writes:

> I thought that very few ISP have really the will and disk space to
> record everything that comes from and to their cusotmers. The real
> problem with Google seems to be that 1) they have all the infrastructure
> needed to keep and use it 2) they clearly state that they will keep
> everything.

> Shouldn't that make a difference?

There are, what, 2,000 people on debian-private?  Nothing sent there is
going to stay a secret from any determined adversary, and there are far
easier ways of getting that information than going after Google for their
data store.

I don't think singling out Gmail makes a great deal of sense.  Any mail
server with which one does not have a contractual privacy agreement would
be in the same boat.